The recipe here is for everyone. You don’t need a microwave to bake a cake, all you would need is a pressure cooker or a pan.
Plain flour (flour) – 3 cups; Eggs – 2, beaten well; Sugar – 2 cups, powdered; Milk – 2 cups; Butter – 1 cup; Baking Soda – 2 tsp; Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp;
- Combine sugar and butter together and whip well until light and fluffy.
Image Rights: Chew and Chatter
- Add the beaten egg and blend well.
Image Rights: www.weekendbakery.com
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
Image Rights: Cooking Manual
- Gradually add this to the egg mixture. If required add a little milk and mix till the batter is fluffy and soft.
- Add vanilla essence and blend well.
Image Rights: Xantilicious.com
- Sprinkle some flour on a greased baking tin.
- Pour the prepared mixture into the tin and place it in a pressure cooker.
- Do not add water in the cooker and ensure the tin does not touch the base of cooker.
Image Rights: www.inhouserecipes.com
- Reduce flame to low and pressure cook for 2 minutes.
- Raise flame to medium and cook for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and wait for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
- Insert a knife or a metal skewer into the cake and if it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
Image Rights: Grace Home Cakes
For an eggless cake, just omit the egg and add 1 more cup of butter. If you crave chocolate, and if want to add more flavor, you can spread a desirable amount of Nutella on top of your cake.