Ditch unhealthy soft drinks and choose natural way to refresh with Mango. And what else is better than Aam Panna to beat the summer heat? Here’s how you can make the tangy summer cooler at home.
- 3 medium size raw green mangoes
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- Black salt to taste
- 2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Mint leaves (pudina patta)
- Crushed Ice
How to make Aam Panna:
- Put the mangoes along with water in a sauce-pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Then remove from fire.
- Alternately you can pressure cook the mangoes with water till soft.
- Let it cool and then peel the mangoes, and spoon the pulp. Mash the mango pulp along with water to for a smooth paste.
- In a pan, take the pulpy mix add sugar and let it cook on flame till the sugar dissolves completely. Stir continuously to avoid burning the mixture.
- Remove from fire and add roasted cumin powder, black salt.
- Let the mixture cool off properly.
- To make the drink: take a tall glass pour 1 -2 tbsp of the mango mixture and pour in chilled water till 3/4 th. Now add finely chopped mint and crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
- Use sugar according to taste.
- You can use jaggery instead of sugar.
- You can store this in refrigerator for up to a week.