Chingri Malai Curry (Chingri Malaikari) is a delicious Prawn preparation with Coconut cream.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Method: Stove / Gas
- 400 grams Prawns (large size)
- 4 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1/2 Onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 Ginger (1 inch)
- 4 Green chili
- 1 Cinnamon stick (Dalchini)
- 6 Cloves (Laung)
- 4 Cardamom (Green elaichi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 cup coconut Cream/Milk
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 5-6 Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
1. Clean the prawns and marinate with 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Image Rights: Divya's Recipes
2. Prepare a paste of Onion, Garlic and Ginger in a mixer.
Image Rights: pursuit of food - WordPress.com
3. Heat Oil in a kadai or pan and fry the prawns till it turns golden brown. Keep them aside in a bowl.
Image Rights: Mareena's Recipe Collection
4. Add Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves and bay leaves to the oil.
Image Rights: Happy Cooking
5. Add the paste of onion, garlic and ginger and fry it on medium flame for 4-5 minutes. Add remaining turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and garam masala.
6. Add coconut cream and 1/2 cup of water and bring it to boil.
Image Rights: Kitchenbowl
7. Cut the green chili and add it to the gravy along with the fried prawns.
Image Rights: My Cookbook
8. Allow it to cook for 5-6 minutes.
Image Rights: Flickr
9. The food is ready to be served. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Image Rights: blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com