Serving : 2
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
500 grams Small Wax Gourd.
100 grams Bhaja Munger daal.
2 tbsp Refined oil.
2 tbsp Ghee.
4 Green Chilly,Chopped.
1 tsp Sugar.
2 tbl spoon Five Spice Mix(Paanch Phoron).
A pinch of Cumin seeds (Sada Jeere).
Salt as per taste.
Grated Coconut for garnish.
1. Dry roast the five spice mix (Paanch phoron), powder it and keep aside.
2. Peel and finely chop the wax gourd.
3. Dry roast and then wash the Moong Dal.
4. Heat the refined oil and one table spoon ghee. Add Cumin.
5. Add the daal and gourd, ¼ cup of water. Put a lid, cover and cook till soft.
6. Put the roasted lentil with the chopped gourd and pressure cook till soft. It should not be too mushy. Two whistles should be enough.
7. Heat the oil and ghee together in the wok. Add the cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add the soft gourd and daal.
8. Add the Green Chilly, Salt and Sugar as per your taste.
9. Dry up the preparation and put the flame off.
10. Ghee goes in next and sprinkle the roasted and powdered Paanch Phoron on top.
11. Garnish it with grated coconut and the dish is ready to be served.
12. Serve with hot rice.