The most awaited fruit of Bengal; the king of all fruits is the mango. Consumed both raw and ripe, the mango gives us a wide repertoire of preparations to make with it. One such delicacy is ‘Amer Mishti Achar’, which can function as a stand-alone item, or as an additive to a meal.
- 1 kg Raw Mango
- 1 kg Jaggery (Jhola Gur)
- 500 gm Sugar
- 1 tea spoon turmeric powder
- 1 tea spoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tea spoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 3-4 table spoon mustard oil
- 2 red chillies (dried)
- Slice the raw mangoes with the shell intact in part.
- Boil the mango slices and keep it aside to allow it to cool and dry completely.
- Sprinkle some salt and turmeric powder on thr dried mangoes.
- Roast and grind the fenugreek and fennel seeds, and keep it aside.
- Take a big pan, add the mustard oil and slowly fry the mangoes. Drain and keep the mangoes aside, post boiling.
- Add the dry red chillies into the oil, along with the jaggery and cook till it becomes sticky. Add sugar.
- Add the fried mango pieces and stir continuously till they mix nicely with the jaggery.
- Add the roasted fenugreek and fennel seeds and stir for some more time.
- Spread the pickle on a plate and keep it in the sunlight for a few days, and preserve in a glass jar.
- Serve as per your fancy.