A Bengali Dish made with Potato & Poppy seed.
Preparation Time :- 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Serving :- 2-4
5 – 6 Potatoes – medium size
4 tbl spoon Poppy seeds (Khuskhus)
2 Green chillies
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Pure Ghee
2 tbl spoon Mustard oil
Salt to taste
1. Soak the poppy in a cup of warm water for 15-20 minutes.
2. Remove them and paste finely.
3. Cut the potatoes into small pieces of nearly one inch, Wash it in water.
4. Heat up mustard oil till it reaches smoking point.
5. Cool and heat again to a medium point.
6. Mix the potato pieces and fry it for 5 min.
7. Mix it with the poppy seeds paste.
8. Mix half a cup of water and stir and fry, keeping it cover in low heat.
9. Take off the lid, mix salt, sugar and sliced green chilies.
10. Fry for few minutes, stir till the potatoes are completely cooked.
11. Serve hot with pure Ghee or Daal.